"The work of today is the history of tomorrow, and we are its makers."
~Juliette Gordon Low
The City Clerk's office is the information resource center for council, city staff, and the public for accurate and timely access to all official documents, activities, and publications.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for:
- Accurately recording council meetings
- Administration of all regular municipal and special elections
- All official municipal records for the city
- Circulating information concerning decisions and policy issues
- Administration of all Liquor Licenses, Special Event Permits, Shuttle Registration, Contractor Licenses,Â Sales Tax Licenses,Â Business Licenses, and Dog Licenses
- Sale of plots and burial arrangementsÂ at Dory Hill Cemetery
- Administration of the Black Hawk Scholarship Fund, awarded annuallyÂ by the Black Hawk Board of Aldermen
- Distributing documentation and information as requested from customers in a timely manner, pursuant to the Colorado Open Meetings Laws
Download a copy of The City of Black Hawk's 2017 adopted Fee Schedule.
Important Documents & Resources
- Promotional Association Application and Renewal
- Special Event Application Form
- Bicycle Special Event Application Form
- Black Hawk Municipal Code
- Business Licensing
- City Charter
- Colorado Secretary of State
- Residential Solicitation Code
- State Liquor Department
Open Records Request
Research and Retrieval Fee
The Board of Aldermen of the City of Black Hawk hereby authorize the City Clerk in the City Clerk's capacity as the custodian of records pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. Â§ 24-72-200.1, et seq. (the "Act") to impose a research and retrieval fee of $30.00 per hour, or any portion thereof, for voluminous or broadly stated requests for records as follows:
A. Pursuant to C.R.S. Â§ 24-72-205(6)(a), the first hour of research and retrieval time under the Act shall be free of charge;
B. The research and retrieval fee authorized by this Resolution shall be in addition to any charges imposed for the receipt of copies of any records open to inspection pursuant to the provisions of the Act; and
C. The City Clerk is further authorized to require a deposit based on the estimated time to do the research necessary to comply with a voluminous or broadly stated request before any such search commences.