"The work of today is the history of tomorrow, and we are its makers."
~Juliette Gordon Low
The City Clerk's office is the information resource center for council, city staff, and the public for accurate and timely access to all official documents, activities, and publications.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for:
- Accurately recording council meetings
- Administration of all regular municipal and special elections
- All official municipal records for the city
- Circulating information concerning decisions and policy issues
- Administration of all Liquor Licenses, Special Event Permits, Shuttle Registration, Contractor Licenses, Sales Tax Licenses, Business Licenses, and Dog Licenses
- Sale of plots and burial arrangements at Dory Hill Cemetery
- Administration of the Black Hawk Scholarship Fund, awarded annually by the Black Hawk Board of Aldermen
- Distributing documentation and information as requested from customers in a timely manner, pursuant to the Colorado Open Meetings Laws
Download a copy of The City of Black Hawk's 2019 adopted Fee Schedule.
Important Documents & Resources
- Promotional Association Application and Renewal
- Special Event Application Form
- Bicycle Special Event Application Form
- Colorado Secretary of State
- Residential Solicitation Code
- State Liquor Department
- Idemia Identity and Security USA
Beginning Monday, September 24, 2018, the Black Hawk City Clerk’s Office will no longer offer fingerprinting to the public for licensing purposes such as liquor, marijuana, or solicitor licenses with the City. This policy change is in response to Senate Bill 17-189 approved April 24, 2017, which requires agencies to contract with a third party approved by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to take an applicant’s fingerprints to obtain a fingerprint-based criminal history record check.
The City has contracted with Idemia Identity and Security USA. Their offices are in several locations in the Denver metro area and throughout the state. To schedule an appointment at a location convenient to you, visit their website or call (844) 539-5539. Please contact the City Clerk’s office to obtain your unique Service Code specific to the type of background check you are seeking, i.e., liquor, marijuana, or solicitor.
Open Records Request
Research and Retrieval Fee
The Board of Aldermen of the City of Black Hawk hereby authorize the City Clerk in the City Clerk's capacity as the custodian of records pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. § 24-72-200.1, et seq. (the "Act") to impose a research and retrieval fee of $30.00 per hour, or any portion thereof, for voluminous or broadly stated requests for records as follows:
A. Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-72-205(6)(a), the first hour of research and retrieval time under the Act shall be free of charge;
B. The research and retrieval fee authorized by this Resolution shall be in addition to any charges imposed for the receipt of copies of any records open to inspection pursuant to the provisions of the Act; and
C. The City Clerk is further authorized to require a deposit based on the estimated time to do the research necessary to comply with a voluminous or broadly stated request before any such search commences.
Melissa Greiner, CMC
City Clerk/Administrative Services Director
Michele Martin, CMC
Deputy City Clerk
PO Box 68, Black Hawk, CO 80422
201 Selak Street
Black Hawk, CO 80422
Phone: (303) 582-5221
Fax: (303) 582-0429