Business/Sales Tax Licensing and Contractor Registration

See Black Hawk Municipal Code, Chapter 4, Article IV and Chapter 6, Articles I and VII

Sec. 4-68. - Purchasing Sales Tax License
It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in the business of selling at retail, without first having obtained a license therefore, which license shall be granted and issued by the City Clerk. 

Sec. 6-2. - Business License required.
Every person must obtain a license from the City before operating, conducting or carrying on any retail trade, profession or business within the City.

Sec. 6-222. - Contractor Registration.
Any person who engages in the business of general contracting or construction work shall register with the City Clerk and obtain a business license prior to beginning any construction within the City.

License applications (new and renewals) are submitted through the City's online Licensing Portal using the Business/Sales Tax License and Contractor Registration Application link

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Michele Martin, CMC Deputy City Clerk (303) 582-2221
Melissa Greiner, CMC City Clerk/Administrative Services Director (303) 582-2292