"The work of today is the history of tomorrow, and we are its makers."
~Juliette Gordon Low
The City Clerk's office is the information resource center for City Council, City staff, and the public for accurate and timely access to all official documents, activities, and publications.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for:
- Accurately recording City Council meetings
- Administration of all regular Municipal and Special Elections
- All official municipal records and retention for the City
- Circulating information concerning decisions and policy issues
- Administration of all Liquor Licenses, Marijuana Licenses, Special Event Permits, Shuttle Registrations, Business/Sales Tax Licenses and Contractor Registrations, Residential Solicitation Permits, Short-term Rental Licenses, and Pet Licenses
- Sale of plots and burial arrangements at Dory Hill Cemetery
- Administration of the Black Hawk Scholarship Fund, awarded annually by the Black Hawk Board of Aldermen
- Distributing documentation and information as requested from customers in a timely manner, pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act